Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cancun

The view from our balcony



 Golfing at the resort. It was only a 9 hole course.  I golfed almost as good as Cody!  He says my belly balances out my swing haha.

 The view from our floor.

 Part of the resort.

 The water was gorgeous! It was so warm and clear.  There was hardly any seaweed in it and it you could go out really far into the ocean and it still wasn't deep.





 One of the restaurants/bars behind us.  There were 14 different restaurants we could choose from at our hotel that were included!

 Hammocks everywhere.  I was in heaven.

 Random peacock that hung out at the resort. 

 We went on an excursion and our first stop was at a Senote which is an underground cave with water.  There were people who worked at the senote and this lady was making homemade tortillas that we sampled. Delicious!



 Haha I love this picture.  Cody and his "girlfriend" from Mexico.

Inside the Senote. 

 It was freezing cold and there were weird cat fish in there so I only got in part way.

 The Mayan people inside the Senote.



 The next town we stopped in was full of Mayan people.  It was pretty much a place where we could shop around at their shops to help them earn money and then we ate at a local restaurant.





 Chichen Itza.  One of the 7 wonders of the world. 







Cody was lovin' it. 

 I was exhausted/hot/pregnant so I sat down every chance I got!

 The shops at Chichen Itza.

 Yum! Eatin' breakfast at the resort.





 These beds were my favorite things ever.





 23 1/2 weeks.



We got serenaded by the Mariachi band at dinner on the last night with "Romantica" music.

We had a blast on our trip! It felt like another honeymoon.  I guess this was our "Babymoon".  We're glad to be home but we definately enjoyed our time in Cancun! I didn't have pictures but one of the days we rode the bus into town and went to a Flea Market.  That was one of the highlights for me!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like sooo much fun!!! I'm glad you guys had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete