· I want to cry, all the time. I usually don’t know if I’m happy or sad. Actually I’m usually both. My thoughts go so rapidly from being so miserably pregnant to feeling guilty that I feel miserable and feeling like I should be grateful, which I am. Then I worry about if something goes wrong with the baby. Then I worry about if something were to happen to Cody. Then I’m a mess because I don’t know how to feel with all of these thoughts going through my head in a matter of seconds.
· I found myself muttering under my breath about how Cody always leaves the cupboard doors open, that is one of my biggest pet peeves. I about lost it when I was done doing dishes and the cupboard door was open. I don’t know why he always does that! Somehow he managed to sneak out of the shower and do it all while I was doing dishes without me knowing it. Then I realized it is really me that is my biggest pet peeve (I am only now realizing this).
· The same night I was putting a load of laundry in. After I sorted through two huge piles of clothes to find what I needed Cody mentioned that he needed socks. Seriously?! After I just went through those piles you tell me this?! Let’s just say I never used to be this testy.
· The other day I was in bed and rolled over while looking down at my belly. I gasped. Then I started laughing hysterically because I had forgotten how big it was. Then I started to cry.
· Cody will tell you that my favorite quote these days is, “I’m HUNGRY!”
· I can’t ever get comfortable in bed. I’m used to laying on my belly while I sleep. I’ve been trying to train myself for months to sleep on my side but I still haven’t gotten used to it.
· I wake up in the middle of the night obsessing over crazy things. Last night I woke up obsessing that I needed to go buy pads right then because I forgot that I would have to wear them after I had the baby. I am constantly worrying about what we need to still get for the nursery and the baby.
· People tell me I look bigger every day. Well guess what people… I FEEL bigger every day.
· I have really vivid dreams. The other night I dreamed that our baby had just barely come home from the hospital and Cody’s little sisters were feeding him candy! I was livid. Haha.
· I noticed that once you get a ring on your finger the number of guys that check you out at the store dramatically decreases. Just wait until you have a baby bump. You barely get eye contact from men- they’re too busy trying to dart away from the closest pregnant lady.
· You get to have dessert after every meal, if you want it. Ice cream 3 times a day is completely reasonable if you ask me.
· I feel like I need physical touch… but then I can hardly stand when Cody tries to cuddle me because I get so claustrophobic.
· I’ve forgotten half of the list I wanted to write. I am always trying to “pin” my thoughts in my head before I forget them. Dang it… if only that worked!
As a side note:
I am incredibly grateful for this little guy and I can’t wait to be a mommy. These are just a few of the crazy things that happen when I’m pregnant. There are so many fun things that go along with pregnancy. I love feeling our little guy move and I love it when Cody can feel him too. I have loved being able to see him on the ultrasounds; It makes it feel so real. I love seeing his heart flutter and hearing it beat, I love seeing him move around like crazy. I know that he is going to be a stubborn little guy (just like his parents) because so far he’s definitely proved to be stubborn. We love him so much and we can’t wait to be parents!